Sr. Cost Accountant
- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives. We are presently in search of a Sr. Cost Accountant to join our team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Main function as business support partner for FDCA manufacturing(Canada) and not limited to below describe as for ad hoc assignment provided & revision:
• Reviewed of cost BOM structure and managed the standard cost setting process.
• Standard cost maintenance includes BOM & Routes rolls up and global standard cost changed for inventory revaluation purpose.
• Reconciliation of inventory sub ledger to ledger, analyse and provide inventory flux commentary and provide WW inventory reports to respective functional manager.
• Liaising with logistics and various departmental heads to conduct and coordinating physical inventory counts.
• Prepare and coordinating inventory E&O evaluation.
• Prepare, analyses and investigation of manufacturing work order variances (Mat, Lab, Burden), Mfg absorption variances as well as PPV variances.
• Assists in coordinating and preparing departmental annual budget plan, ensure rolling forecast inline per plan.
• Prepare and driving periodical BVA departmental spending/WW reporting as well as assisting in cost reduction drive.
• 5 series expenses breakdown and product line gross margin updates (GM Summary) in preparation of quarterly CFO package.
• Maintain and tracking capex budget log.
• Preparation and closing of month end/quarter end cost accounting journal entries.
• Attend to SOX, internal and external audits queries.
• Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Preferably Advanced Diploma or Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
• 5 or more years relevant cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment will be added advantage
• Strong aptitude with financial systems (Microsoft Dynamics AX, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
• Team player, self-motivated and able to follow deadlines.
• Proficient in MS Excel and Access and excellent analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexibility with hours as you will periodically work with colleagues in Singapore, US, and Europe
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.