Reagent Manufacturing Associate II
- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
The Reagent Manufacturing Associate is a member of our Proteomics Reagent Operations team. The scientist will be accountable for QC testing of raw materials, in-process materials and finished goods for release. This individual will also be a subject matter expert in the development and testing of new QC procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Following SOPs to perform biological experiments (ie cell culturing, staining)
- Assist in the maintenance and sustaining of the cell bank
- Perform product testing using standard ICP-MS as well as our novel Mass Cytometry technology on our CyTOF instruments
- Work with Reagent Manufacturing QC to determine quality product and collect production data
- Executes manufacturing validation test plans, assists with the preparation of technical reports
- Ensure lab equipment is calibrated in a timely manner and maintain quality records in the Quality Assurance database
- Support and participate in making decisions relating to production planning and execution
- Support process improvement initiatives to ensure robust processes are developed for Manufacturing.
- Carry out root cause investigations for quality-related issues
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or similar Life Science (graduate degree in immunology highly desirable) plus a minimum of 1-2 years experience working in a lab environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical reports, technical procedures, validation protocols and reports, operating instructions, and/or scientific publications.
- Experience in cell culture and tissue manipulation is required
- Experience with Flow Cytometry and/or Mass Cytometry including sample preparation, instrumentation and FCS data analysis software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is essential.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.