Research Associate -Microfluidics
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
- Research & Development
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for Research Associate (Microfluidics)
- Serve as a key member of a multi-disciplinary team for testing, analyzing, and developing microfluidic device solutions
- Integrate biochemical reactions onto microfluidics (lab on chip); support microfluidic chip performance characterization and improvement
- Optimize existing workflow and material screening
- Write protocols, reports, procedures and keep good record of daily work
- Bachelor or Master’s in chemistry, biomedical engineering, or a related discipline
- 0-3 years of experience -prefer experience in Microfluidics
- Experience operating inside a molecular biology lab, has general knowledge of good housekeeping practices in lab
- Experience using pipette, microscope, and other typical molecular biology lab instruments such as vortex mixer, micro-centrifuge etc.
- Experience using microfluidics, especially using valve-inclusive devices preferred
- Experience with SPRI beads purification a big plus
- Candidate must show good patience and be willing to work overtime in some rare cases
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook), and is willing to learn simple scripting languages
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.