Director Product Management- immuno-PCR Applications
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm uses proprietary microfluidics technology to develop highly efficient genomics workflows for customers in a variety of industries including translational and clinical research, consumer genomics, and agriculture.
We are now looking for a Director of Product Management to lead our immuno-PCR applications program. This individual will develop strategic and tactical plans to extend our platform capabilities and expand our application menu, manage on-market products, and lead new product development programs from inception to commercialization and beyond. The successful candidate will work closely with all functional groups within our business to ensure we meet and exceed our technical, marketing, commercial and financial expectations.
- Passionate about creating cutting edge scientific solutions
- Inspired by the opportunity to improve health care decision-making through the development of new multi-omic life science tools to study immune-related disease including cancer.
- Motivated to define, design, and commercialize customer solutions that integrate platforms, consumables, assays and software
- Lead Product Management activities for our immuno-PCR product portfolio
- Understand the dynamics, competition, demands and opportunities within our target markets
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to develop product strategy and a pipeline of R&D and marketing activity
- Manage product lifecycle from requirements through development, commercialization, product iterations and obsolescence planning
- Lead and/or support business development activities such as external partnerships to grow the business
- Develop and implement strategies to grow revenue from on-market products in collaboration with Corporate and Regional Marketing, Sales and Support.
- Build close relationships with KOLs for collaborative opportunities, to achieve market goals of awareness and emerging trends
- Engage, motivate and inspire our global commercial teams to promote and sell our products
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Travel up to 25% time
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in science related field with Five (5+) years of Product Management experience
- Ten (10+) years of experience with immuno-PCR, immuno-assays or comparable technologies.
- Hands-on experience with both genomic (PCR, NGS library preparation) and proteomic (immuno-PCR, immuno-assay) applications.
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams to commercialize new products through the entire development cycle in an ISO13485-compliant environment (or similar).
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to influence across the organization at all levels
- Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and communication skills
- Advanced science degree (MS, PhD) is highly desirable
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Make sure you have fun, are fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.