Manager, IT Security Operations and Incident Management
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- Information Technology
More information about this job
The Manager, IT Security Operations and Incident Management is primarily responsible for monitoring IT security infrastructure and provides incident response management and conducts security investigations. Work as a technical leader and strategist with the ability to lead via hands-on support. You earn your team's respect via your managerial and technical skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Extensive security experience to detect assess, investigate, remediate and recover from security issues
- Extensive experience with designing, implementing, and optimizing a Security Incident Response process
- Monitor security events to detect threats On-call availability outside business hours.
- Alerts analysis
- Investigate Incidents
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, email systems, laptops, software, and hardware
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Evaluate system security and business continuity
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Train users on both software and hardware as needed
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support
Required Skills & Job Qualifications
- Minimum 6+ years of IT experience with progressive responsibilities, and with at least 3 years of Cyber Security protection experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt information delivery based on the target audience.
- Ability to interpret, understand, and communicate real business risks in relation to technology risks.
- Ability to create or review procedures for protection of systems and applications.
- Experience with security tools and platforms including SIEM, IPS/IDS, SecOps, Endpoint and Server protection, Network protection, Firewalls, etc.
- Significant experience doing internal and external penetration testing i.e. white hat hacking.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, highly visible, changing environment.
- Strong understanding of key infrastructure systems (AD, Linux, Databases, Virtual Environment).
- Experience with cloud-based back office products such as O365, Atlassian Cloud (JIRA and Confluence), Zoom, and security software such as Symantec Cloud Suite, Flacon etc
- Understanding of Windows Servers, Active Directory administration and networking protocols and services like TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS
- Understanding and experience with virtualization implementation, management and troubleshooting a plus
- Experience with Information Management/Security best practices
- Understanding of Compliance Auditing such as but not limited to SOX
- Ability to discuss and manage capital and operating budgets
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.