Senior Manager, Product Management
- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
The Senior Manager, Product Management will report to Sr. Director Franchise Head. The role is responsible for Fluidigm’s Mass Cytometry Suspension platform suite. This individual, in conjunction with Franchise Head, will be responsible for developing, setting, and ensuring achievement of the global product marketing strategy for this product line. This cross functional role will include product roadmap design, investment strategy, product and pricing strategy, competitive positioning/differentiation, and competitor tracking, and management of on-market product(s).
As owner of the MC Suspension/CyTOF System/Platform portfolio, the Sr. Product Manager will ensure the product(s) meet target revenue, target margin, and market share worldwide. The incumbent will work closely with R&D, Product Applications, Worldwide Sales to advance commercial revenues, market access, share penetration, industry leadership, and will have full life cycle product management responsibilities across the system platform. The individual will have excellent people management skill sets, both direct and indirect, have the confidence and credibility to speak with KOLs, at industry conferences, to clearly communicate the value of the product/platform portfolio. The individual will also be required to present to company stakeholders, including executive management.
- Drives market driven product life cycle management activities across business to improve revenues, profitability, and growth trajectory
- Collects and validates VOC, puts together business cases and works closely with R&D and Project Management to execute programs and deliverables.
- Develop customer-based segmentation, corresponding value proposition; provides commercial sales support tools to demonstrate/quantitate value differentiators on workflow and operational costs.
- Work with Corporate Marketing, assist and support demand generation programs to support business objectives product awareness campaigns, trade shows, KOL User Group/Campaigns
- Work closely with Global Commercial leaders to ensure marketing support, guidance and/or direction is provided to the Field Sales and Regional marketing teams
- Work with R&D teams, including hardware and software engineering, and external partners, to enhance the product portfolio and drive product line growth
- Provide Role Model Leadership to teams
- Bachelor required, MBA preferred
- Experience in flow cytometry technology and market is strongly preferred
- Advanced degree in biological or analytical sciences preferred
- 8+ years of work experience in life sciences, biotechnology
- 2-5 years of progressive responsible experience in product management
- Strong business acumen, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationship with key business partners and customer
- Experience in product life cycle management and product launch processes, knowledge of Phase Gate product development process
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people or functions
- Able to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and upper management
- Experience and proven track record in managing and prioritizing
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.