Accounting and Processing Support
- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
Our life science analytical and preparatory systems in mass cytometry and genomics can be found in leading academic institutions, clinical research laboratories, and pharmaceutical, biotech and ag-bio companies worldwide. Our mission is bold and ambitious, powering advancements in human health research that can change lives.
Fluidigm is looking for an Accounting and Processing Support to join the Canada Finance team. As a member of the Fluidigm Canada finance team, the successful incumbent will support our accounts payable activities during the month and our accounting close process during month-end.
Procure to Pay (P2P)
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Invoice auditing for approvals and pricing, attach purchase requisition to invoices
- Invoice approval management. Review vendor payments packages for appropriate documentation and approvals prior to payment, ensure all approvals are included.
- Prepare checks for mailing
- Open and manage incoming mail
- Maintain files and documentation accurately in accordance with company policies and accepted accounting practices
Record to Report (R2R)
- Assist in the preparation of journal entries by compiling, analyzing, and substantiating financial transactions as needed
- Reconcile accounts as requested
- Perform internal audits as needed to ensure internal controls
- Research, track and resolve accounting problems
Acquire to Dispose (A2D)
- Intangible and Tangible asset management (excel spreadsheet)
- Asset Verification and Life Review – assist with the annual process
- Other transactional or accounting tasks as directed by the Accounting Manager
- University degree or college diploma in accounting or finance is preferred
- Ability to perform routine internal accounting processes following established policies, practices, and procedures and contribute to the development of processes and practices in transaction processing and accounting
- Strong PC skills including proficiency in Excel
- Strong work ethic and team player with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Ability to communicate with various levels of management
- Decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ready and willing to learn and take on new challenges
Sounds good? Apply online with your resume!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.