Project Coordinator II (Temp)
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- Research & Development
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power ground-breaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next
- Drive to make a difference
- Collaborate and learn
- Step up
Fluidigm is looking for an Instrumentation Project Coordinator to join our office in Markham, Canada.
The Project Coordinator’s primary responsibility is to provide administrative support on all New Product Introduction instrumentation projects. To succeed in this role, you must have excellent organization, time management, and communication skills, as you will be responsible for executing on numerous project deliverables while interfacing with cross-functional team members across the entire organization.
This is a temporary position, with the option to transition into a permanent role in the future.
- Project administration – supporting work package completion and building foundational database for design history and documentation transfer
- Work with project management team to monitor and control project baselines
- Serve as procurement interface between Research/Development and Supply Chain team
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure deliverables completion per project plan
- Compile and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Organizing, chairing and participating in stakeholder meetings
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Providing additional administrative support as needed
- Diploma in Engineering Technology, with 1-2 years of industry experience
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of database administration skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience with MS Visio, MS Project, and SolidWorks is an asset
- Proficiency/formal training/certification in project management is an asset
- Attention to details, results-oriented, strong communication skills
- Reports to Associate Director, Program Management Instrumentation
- Will involve a combination of shop work and computer work
- Travel required - less than 10%.