- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
The Manufacturing Scientist is a member of our Proteomics Reagent Operations team. The scientist will be accountable for NPI projects involving new conjugated antibodies, metals, polymers and other products; focusing on evaluating confirmation methods and manufacturability. This individual will also be a subject matter expert in the development and testing of new proteomic product processes, biological and biochemical QC methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage various custom product projects, liasing between field application, R&D, product application and manufacturing.
- Investigate, research, develop new manufacturing methods through literature search, vendor contact, SME contact
- Work with R&D and Manufacturing to develop new or improved products for specific customer needs
- Be accountable for development of robust manufacturing procedures for both biological and biochemical processing and QC
- Create and maintain documentation for manufacturing execution and release
- Executes manufacturing validation test plans, preparation of technical reports for product release
- Independent technical support and decision making for methods with complexity
- Lead process improvement initiatives to ensure robust processes are developed for Manufacturing
- Own and drive manufacturing related change requests (CO) and continuous improvement
- Support the coordination of root cause investigations for quality-related issues
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology plus a minimum of 3-4 years experience working in a lab environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical reports, technical procedures, validation protocols and reports, operating instructions, and/or scientific publications.
- Previous work in project management highly desirable
- Proven capability of using various analytical instruments for characterization and testing of produced reagents
- Experience in tissue culture is required
- Experience with Flow Cytometry and/or Mass Cytometry including sample preparation, instrumentation and FCS data analysis software.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Access and general understanding of ERP concepts
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and ultimately troubleshoot independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is essential.
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.