Senior Operational Excellence Specialist
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco, CA-Markham
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Specicialist, Operational Excellence.
The Senior Specialist, Operational Excellence (OE) is responsible for supporting our OE journey by playing a key role in supporting the OE Program, leading impactful Continuous Improvement (CI) projects large and small and provide CI training, coaching and mentorship at across Fluidigm.
The individual is accountable for playing a significant role in our CI deployment by applying appropriate Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies to meet defined business objectives (Customer Satisfaction, Cost & Quality). and strong change management skills and other tools within all functions. He/She influences leadership and management to incorporate CI methodologies by deploying experience in designing and executing strong improvement activities, by supporting CI projects, by bringing constructive challenge and by focusing on sustainable results across all levels of Fluidigm.
- Acts as an unwavering advocate of Fluidigm Operational Excellence (or FOX, our team and overall program structure) and Continuous Improvement deployment (our lean, six sigma and other tools and methodologies) to improve quality, increase revenue, reduce cost, and improve Fluidigm’s competitive position.
- Acts as a consultant and technical expert in the area of continuous improvement / operational efficiency through leadership, mentoring and support to all employees to foster a desired culture of continuous improvement across Fluidigm.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement, supports the development of projects and detailed project plans for implementing improvements and monitors progress, make any course corrections required to ensure it meets objectives.
- Delivers multi-tiered training on the use of CI (Lean, Six Sigma and other) strategies, methodologies, tools and software.
- Conducts regularly scheduled project reviews to ensure the achievement of expected results. Deploys experience in generating visual management tools and dashboards to measure and monitor quality, incremental revenue generation, cost reductions, and schedule metrics. Has a knack of understanding performance indicators (leading, lagging, process, key,…) and how they work together to drive sustainable improvement.
- Capable of leading and managing multiple business-critical projects (CI and Kaizen events) at the same time within the organization.
- Experienced in helping teams get to the real problem to be solved, conducts advanced data collection and analysis, is strong at process mapping and root cause analysis and helps the teams understand the importance of this front-end work before launching into solution mode.
- Facilitates value stream / process mapping to define Current State and transition to Future State in support of CI project teams.
- Has a wiliness to travel as needed to other Fluidigm operations (including international) as well as supplier facilities as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, a technical discipline is preferred. A Master’s degree (in a technical discipline and/or Management) is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification not required, but preferred
- ASQ Certification (Mgr/OE, LSBB, or CQE) and/or PMP Certification are assets.
- 8+ years of progressive experience applying Continuous Improvement tools and methods is required.
- A demonstrated track record in building and delivering plans, effectively driving and achieving results for production quality, cost control and reduction, improvement of manufacturing efficiency, elimination of waste and process design is required
- Strong analytical skills to assess, research, interpret and analyze data
- Strong working knowledge of statistical analysis software (i.e. Minitab) and advanced Microsoft Office products skills and experience products is required.
- Process Simulation Modeling (development and experiment) considered an asset
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to learn new software solutions quickly and teach others is critical.
- A hands-on mind set is critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, robust interpersonal skills and strong project management skills are essential.
- The ability to influence / align stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions is essential
- Must have the ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and drive change
- The ability to understand financial returns and calculate ROI on projects is essential.
- Can work independently with minimal direct oversight.
- Must be capable of motivating functional leaders and their team members towards an analytical/critical thought process.
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.