Field Applications Specialist - Proteomics
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- Technical Support
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly qualified Field Application Specialist (FAS) to support the Company’s Mass Cytometry product line, CyTOF, and to help empower our customers with knowledge and expertise that helps advance their research. Our customers are a key focus of Fluidigm, and this candidate will serve a critical role in supporting, teaching, and partnering with them to ensure their success.
- Conduct on-site and in-house customer training courses
- Provide phone-, email-, and in-person customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis
- Assist in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, application notes, presentations)
- Provide technical sales support by conducting applications-based seminars and product demonstrations
- Manage proof-of-principle experiments for potential customers evaluating or writing grant applications for purchase of the CyTOF
- Conduct new product evaluation/testing with R&D and beta test sites
- Provide constructive personal and customer feedback to R&D team
- Create and maintain support information in the company enterprise database
- Communicate project status, issues to management, users and staff
- Interacts with customers and distributors to resolve issues, sponsor projects, provide technical support, and build relationships
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as field services, customer support/services, product management, manufacturing and marketing/sales
- Timely and professionally handle field support calls and issues arising from customer sites, triage with field service engineer as appropriate
- Ensures timely and effective resolution to customer problems and issues. Ensures that all customer calls/cases are properly received, logged, and tracked until resolution.
- A BS in molecular biology, biochemistry, Immunology, clinical chemistry or similar discipline with laboratory work as a key component with 8 years of experience (combination)
- Master degree for science is better
- Experience of using Flow Cytometry
- Minimum of 2 years of laboratory experience with molecular biology techniques, including preparation of reagents for Immunology related sample preparation.
- Technical customer support experience.
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!