Field Service Engineer
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- Field Services Sales & Admin
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a top performing Field Service Engineer based in the Indianapolis market to deliver exceptional service across Fluidigm’s portfolio of products in PCR-based microfluidic systems and rapidly growing Mass Cytometry systems, serving as the primary customer contact on technical and service-related issues. Individuals must be able to troubleshoot complex problems within an operational interplay of software, hardware, and chemistry. Ideal candidates are committment to total customer satisfaction, with the ability to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and solid judgment. Team players are essential as these position will have a great degree of overlap with various interdisciplinary groups within the organization. This position is field-based in the midwest U.S., but travel throughout North America is to be expected.
- Perform installation, maintenance, and repair services on Fluidigm systems located at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot instrument hardware and software, often under challenging conditions.
- Contribute to high-value service related procedures and documents.
- Identify areas for product and process improvement and communicate these accordingly.
- Adopt and leverage our CRM business policies, procedures, and reporting.
- 60% travel is routinely required on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- BS in Science or Engineering discipline with 5-10 years of industry experience in the service and/or support of analytical instruments and/or combination of experience and education/training
- Technical support/service experience required.
- Substantial working knowledge of optical, electrical and mechanical sub-systems.
- Expertise in employing root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies.
- Prior work with Life Science instrumentation, especially Mass Spectrometers is highly desirable.
- Salesforce.com / ServiceMax familiarity a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.