Service Product Manager
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- CA-Markham, US-South San Francisco
- Field Services Sales & Admin
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is seeking a hands-on, experienced Service Product Manager who will be responsible for Fluidigm’s Worldwide Service Business.
The Service Product Manager role is responsible for Fluidigm’s Services business suite. This pivotal role manages on-market product offerings and full product life cycle responsibilities, including product roadmap design, pricing strategy, competitive positioning and deployment of sales collateral & training.
As owner of the Services portfolio, the Product Manager, ensures that the Fluidigm’s service offerings meet target revenue, margin, and market share goals. He/she works closely in partnership with Service Leadership, Marketing, and Service Sales to achieve commercial priorities and industry leadership via high value service offerings.
- Drives market driven product life cycle management activities across the services business to improve revenues, profitability, and growth trajectory
- Identifies new segment and market expansion opportunities, and defines successful penetration strategies to increase market share while securing existing installed base attachment rates and building competitive immunity
- Develops customer-oriented segmentation and corresponding value propositions
- Provides service sales support tools to demonstrate/quantitate value differentiators.
- Interfaces with corporate Marketing to support demand generation programs and product awareness campaigns.
- Work closely with Service leaders to ensure marketing support, guidance and/or direction is provided to the Service and Service Sales team
- Sets strategic direction for Product line, through prioritization of initiatives consistent with corporate strategy and revenue goals
- Bachelor required, MBA strongly preferred
- Advanced degree in biological sciences preferred
- 5-7 years of progressive responsible experience in product management
- Previous experience supporting a life sciences capital equipment service product line, highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationships with key business partners and customers
- Able to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinate, peers, and upper management
- Strong business acumen with proven track record of managing and prioritizing deadlines
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
The Company is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment process to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation during this process, please inform The Company of your requirements. We are an equal opportunity employer.