Field Applications Specialist - Mass Cytometry
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- CN-Shanghai, CN-Beijing, CN-Guangzhou
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for Field Applications Specialist to support our innovative Proteomics Applications Support Division, China. The FAS position is a multifunctional role that will assist in driving Fluidigm’s efforts to expand mass cytometry adoption in a wide variety of research areas, including basic research, drug discovery, and clinical research. The individual will be responsible for the maintenance and provision of applications support and training on Fluidigm’s mass cytometry product portfolio. The FAS role will be instrumental in the training on and implementation of mass cytometry platforms at customer accounts. This position reports to the Manager of China Applications Support who reports to the Senior Director & General manager of China.
- Provide initial training to customers at their own laboratories and at Fluidigm customer training locations (products, software, and data analysis).
- Assist customers in the development and validation of high dimensional mass cytometry panels and assist with experimental design.
- Provide high quality sales support, engaging with customers to provide technical discussion, seminars, and demonstrations within an assigned territory.
- Provide information and direction to customers in regard to sample preparation and data analysis related to Fluidigm products/panels as well as custom panels.
- Continuously update scientific, technological and product knowledge for support of customers.
- Provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Support existing and newly released products and applications.
- Communicate effectively within a team to enhance others knowledge and disseminate information.
- Ability to execute experiments.
- S. degree in Biological Sciences and 5+ years of experience in Life Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant lab experience with flow cytometry or mass spectrometry.
- Preferred Masters or Ph.D. in Immunology, Cell Biology, or related discipline.
- Research background in pathology and tissue imaging a plus.
- Excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and accepts a challenging and exciting work environment, a team player who can effectively work cross functional (interdisciplinary) and communicate empathically.
- Problem solving skills with proven ability to overcome technical hurdles.
- Customer minded with the empathy to understand customer concerns.
- A high degree of technical competence & confidence and ability to interface with the customer and the scientific community to the highest levels.
- Outstanding customer advocacy skills.
- Ability to interact with customers on a level that inspires confidence and secures customer loyalty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exemplary presentation skills.
- Mandarin speaking, fluent in English- oral and written. Additional language skills are welcome.
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.