Field Applications Specialist - Microfluidics
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- CN-Shanghai, CN-Beijing, CN-Guangzhou
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a highly qualified Field Application Specialist (FAS) to support the Company’s genomics and cell biology applications, including single-cell and bulk genomics, genotyping and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Library Preparation. The FAS will support China customers through application expertise, product knowledge, training & counseling, field demonstrations, seminars and presentations, all with the goal of customer success in using Fluidigm’s technology. If you enjoy bringing new technologies to market, embrace challenges, and work well in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
- Be the genomics expert, supporting Fluidigm’s genomics and single-cell applications, as well as the technical go-to person for Fluidigm’s China customers
- Provide phone-, email-, and in-person customer applications support, including troubleshooting issues related to user technical skill, instrument operation, experimental design, and data analysis, and maintain support details in the company enterprise database. Be dedicated to customer success by timely and effective resolving all technical inquiries from customers.
- Deliver world-class on-site training course to customers
- Consult with select customers post-sale to support application development, enhance utilization, ensure success, and secure customer advocacy. Promote solutions through participation in technical conferences, trade shows, publications, application notes and white papers, seminars, and symposiums. Collect customer usage information to further enhance training and supporting methodology.
- Provide high quality technical sales support, including technical discussions during customer visits, applications-based seminars, and product demonstrations
- Work in a close-knit environment, with the various departments to achieve common objectives and goals
- Travel approximately 50% covering China regions
- Enjoy a highly competitive compensation package, including better-than-average benefits and growth opportunities, as well as a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond “work”
- M.S. in life sciences and/or Ph.D., with strong molecular biology background preferred.
- 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with genomics techniques, preferably NGS background and Genotyping knowledge.
- Excellent skills in technical training, demonstrating and troubleshooting.
- Previous application specialist role or equivalent experience
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.