Senior Tax Manager - Part -Time
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
• Create what customers need next.
• Drive to make a difference.
• Collaborate and learn.
• Step up
We are looking for a Part-Time Senior Tax Manager to join our team.
This is a salaried position of 25 hours a week. Semi-Flexible on-site work schedule. Benefits include participation in our 401-K plan and ESPP.
Perfect opportunity for a Corporate Tax professional who is looking for a flexible, reduced work schedule.
- Manage the Company’s worldwide ASC 740 (FAS 109) tax provision process, accounting and related financial statement disclosures as part of the quarterly close. Ensure items that impact the Company’s effective tax rate are incorporated into the ongoing effective tax rate analysis.
- Conduct analysis and documentation for ASC 740-10 FIN 48 reserves.
- Manage / Liason with our outsourced Tax Firm
- Research and execute income tax planning that considers the Company’s overall effective tax rate and is consistent with Fluidigm’s business objectives. This includes working with Fluidigm’s business partners to analyze issues and recommend tax efficient solutions on projects such as acquisitions and the like.
- Manage the preparation and review of U.S. federal and state income tax filings and ensure timely submission.
- Manage all U.S. federal and state income tax audits including all communication between the Company and the tax auditors.
- Ensure Company’s income tax accounting review and documentation processes and related systems are in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley internal control requirements.
- Work with local and U.S. international managers on international aspects of the aforementioned.
- Manage international tax filing requirements. Also manage compliance with international statutory account filings.
- Manage other tax related responsibilities including VAT, state sales and use tax and property tax.
- Manage audits from aforementioned.
- Masters in Taxation with 10 years of experience
- CPA preferred
- 6-8 years of corporate tax experience
- Strong organizational, computer and management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management while at the same time able to work independently to resolve tax issues
- Exceptional Project Management capability
- Although this position is part time- ability to work on site the majority of the time effectively with the finance management team and CFO.
- This role is the primary focus vs. other independent work commitments
- Ownership of the tax function while at the same time seeking buy in and feedback with finance peers and leadership
- Work in close coordination with our tax vendor effectively- building proper rapport and effective communication with the vendor
- Ability to give effective updates and progress reports to the CFO and finance leadership team
- Big 4 or international accounting background a plus
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or national origin.