Field Service Engineer (DACH Region, Nordics and Benelux)
- Req No.
- Job Locations
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a top performing Field Service Engineer in the DACH region, Nordics and Benelux and the rest of EMEA as and when required to serve as the primary customer contact on technical and service-related issues, delivering exceptional service across Fluidigm’s portfolio of products in our rapidly growing Mass Cytometry and PCR-based microfluidics businesses. Individuals must be able to troubleshoot complex problems within an operational interplay of software, hardware, and chemistry. Ideal candidates are committed to total customer satisfaction, with the ability to demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and solid judgment. Team players are essential as this position will have a great degree of overlap with various interdisciplinary groups within the organization.
Perform installation, maintenance, and repair services on Fluidigm systems located at customer sites.
- Troubleshoot instrument hardware and software, often under challenging conditions.
- Contribute to high-value service related procedures and documents.
- Identify areas for product and process improvement and communicate these accordingly.
- Adopt and leverage our CRM business policies, procedures, and reporting.
- 60% travel is routinely required on both a scheduled and unscheduled basis.
- BS in Science or Engineering discipline with 4 years of industry experience in the service and/or support of analytical instruments and/or combination of experience and education/training
- Technical support/service experience required.
- Substantial working knowledge of optical, electrical and mechanical sub-systems.
- Expertise in employing root cause analysis and corrective action methodologies.
- Prior work with Life Science instrumentation, especially Mass Spectrometers is highly desirable.
- Salesforce.com / ServiceMax familiarity a plus.
- Strong verbal communication skills
Sounds good? Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.