Sr. Regional Sales Manager - Mass Cytometry -SouthWest Territory
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-San Diego, US-Dallas, US-Los Angeles
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
• Create what customers need next.
• Drive to make a difference.
• Collaborate and learn.
• Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Senior Regional Sales Manager , Mass Cytometry- Southwest Territory to identify, qualify and develop opportunities for the sale of our Mass Cytometry Systems and consumables to public and private accounts within assigned geographic territory, in line with the Company’s mission. Work independently in close relationship with Fluidigm business partners to maximize opportunities for revenue growth as outlined by the organization.
Territory includes: Southern California, AZ, NM, CO, TX OK
Our dynamic and growing business requires a strong individual contributor responsible fully for individual territory sales. Excellent visibility and growth opportunities for stellar performer.
• Control, organize and direct the development of the business - including meeting or exceeding sales targets, accurate forecasting and budget/expense management
• Develop account sales plans and coordinate specific activities within targeted accounts in consultation with sales management
• Partner with marketing and sales management to identify and implement sales tools
• Produce bi-weekly sales forecast
• Maintain prospects, funnel health/management and customer communication records in corporate CRM system (sfdc); apply rigor and consistency to all aspects of selling tools, resources and processes
• Report and perform against quarterly goals aligned to overall corporate and regional objectives
• Generate weekly activity updates including updates in sales forecasts, lost order information, sales call reports and miscellaneous issues relevant to revenue growth
• Monitor and report regional market trends, identify new market potential, in designated territory
• Participate in the design of the regional marketing tools, as needed
• Participate in scientific conferences, tradeshows and related field support activities, as required
• Develop sound and professional customer relationships, monitor customer satisfaction and any needs for improvement; customer intimacy a must, as well as partnership with KOLs and strategic alliances
• Effectively communicate goals, competitive activity, issues, and accomplishments to manager
• Travel within assigned territory as necessary to conduct field sales calls, meetings, seminars and all related sales activities (minimum 50% travel)
• Represent the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times
• Drive focused launch of new products in order to meet commercial revenue goals and expectations
• Achieve technical knowledge and expertise on products, applications and workflows related to assigned product lines within the Mass Cytometry franchise
• B.S. Degree (i.e. Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology etc.) and at least 5 years of successful field sales experience in Life Science field (capital equipment & consumables)
• Requires understanding of the business segment and economic drivers as well as analytical ability to understand trends and dissect industry data
• Possess the ability to adapt to evolving sales responsibilities and corporate work environment.
• Excellent time management and territory management
• Commercial excellence is a must: solid presentation skills, successful sales skills training experience and demonstrated experience of achieving or exceeding sales targets
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.