Sr. Administrative Assistant - Marketing
- Req No.
- Job Locations
- US-South San Francisco
More information about this job
Would you like to join an innovative team creating technology to power groundbreaking insights in academic, clinical, pharma and biotech research?
It is an extraordinary time for Fluidigm. Our technology is empowering customers to improve life through comprehensive health insight. We invite you to join a leading provider of indispensable life sciences tools that is accelerating global research on multiple frontiers of human health.
At Fluidigm we are also building a positive culture where our people can do the best work of their careers, informed and influenced by our core values:
- Create what customers need next.
- Drive to make a difference.
- Collaborate and learn.
- Step up.
Fluidigm is looking for a Sr. Administrative Assistant for our Global Marketing team.
The Sr. Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the General Manager, Global Strategic Market leader and and Global Marketing team. This is an individual contributor role, responsible for performing business administrative functions, marketing projects based work, and providing executive support to members of the Marketing leadership bench. The selected candidate must be professional, articulate and enjoy working within a collaborative, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The ideal individual will have a confident and approachable personality, exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, have strong written and verbal communication, and exceptional administrative and organizational skills. He/she must be able to work under pressure, with the ability to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Primary functions include the following:
- Providing general administrative support to the General Manager and department. Act as a liaison, problem solver, and facilitator for the department, leverages strong interpersonal skills, relationship builds as an advocate for the department
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative professional business relationships with all levels of management, employees and outside customer contacts
- Assist in the planning activities for all onsite and offsite team meetings, events managing associated logistics arrangements. Responsibilities include agenda preparation, meeting highlights, action items, and action item tracking to successful closure. Interface with Legal to manage contracts, renewals, compensation tracking, calendaring of partner updates to FLDM Leadership
- Provides project management and tracking of high-level department projects, demonstrated success in managing deadline-driven projects across various levels of internal management stakeholders, as well as external customers
- Perform team support duties including: ordering of office supplies, booking meeting rooms, processing training registrations and personnel training records, email distribution lists, prepare/updating global marketing annual events calendar, coordinate on-boarding of new employees and contractors, assist with space management, workspace move requests and submit facilities work orders. Effectively interface with Finance in support of purchase requisitions, work with Accounts Payable to monitor purchase order/payments, assist leadership staff with T/E and related expense reporting
This role will require off-hours work and responsiveness
- Bachelor of Science, desirable study focus: Business Management with 5-8 plus years experience supporting executive leaders
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Highly skilled in MS Suite – Advanced (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, Adobe Pro, Publisher, InDesign, Concur, Access
- Knowledge and experience of CRM platforms, SFDC; proficient in project based programs MS Project, ProWorkflow
- Proficient in managing executive calendars and organizing worldwide travel
- Capable of working with discretion and tact in an environment exposed to a high level of sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task, assist multiple team members at the same time, and prioritize work effectively
- Detail-oriented and able to complete work assignments with a high degree of quality
- Demonstrated initiative, flexible, highly organized and can anticipate and resolve problems before they escalate
Ready to join an industry leader with a bold and ambitious mission that is enabling advancements in human health? Apply online with your resume!
Fluidigm is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.