Sample-specific cell barcoding for simplified workflows and improved staining consistency
Cell barcoding tags each sample with a unique identifier, enabling sample multiplexing for improved workflows with CyTOF® systems and enhanced data quality.
With cell barcoding, achieve higher throughput for scaled-up experiments and even greater data consistency for large studies.Download the flyer
Combine more samples at once to run larger experiments with 35-plus samples.
Integrate barcodes with CyTOF panels without compromising panel size.
Improve data quality and streamline workflows.
How barcoding works
- Individual samples are barcoded with a unique metal isotope code.
- Barcoded samples are combined into a single, multiplexed sample.
- The multiplexed sample is stained in a single tube.
- The multiplexed sample is acquired on a Helios™ instrument
- Data are debarcoded for individual sample analysis.
Benefits of barcoding
|Accessibility: Uses isotopes and workflows that are compatible with existing panel designs
|Scaled-up experiments: Reduces processing time in experimental workflow, making it easier to increase sample throughput
|Sample conservation: Enables efficient use of precious samples by allowing you to combine many samples in one tube|
|Increased consistency: Eliminates sample-to-sample variation introduced when samples are stained and collected individually
|Cleaner data: Filters inter-sample doublets and multiplets by detecting more than one barcode per event
|Reagent savings: Lower, more economical use of antibodies and reagents|
|Palladium-Based Barcoding||Live-Cell Barcoding|
|Product||Cell-ID™ 20-Plex Pd Barcoding Kit (PN 201060)||Maxpar® anti-human CD45 antibodies|
|Types of cells||Universal, cell-agnostic||Best for human leukocytes, CD45-negative cells excluded|
|Configuration||Ready-to-use kit and accompanying software||Customer-designed barcoding scheme and individual anti-CD45 antibody selection|
|Fix/perm requirements||Fix/perm steps in workflow, usable with intracellular staining protocols including phosphostaining||No fix/perm required prior to staining with panel|
|Panel integration||Adjustments to existing panels or workflows may be needed due to fix/perm step.||Easy to layer onto existing panels|
|Number of samples||Barcode up to 20 samples.||Flexible design allows scaling for sample number to 50-plus|
|Resources||Application Note: The Benefits of Palladium Barcoding on Data Quality and Workflow||Technical Note: Using Monoisotopic Platinum-Containing Reagents for Suspension Mass Cytometry
Application Note: Enabling Live-Cell Barcoding with Anti-CD45 Antibodies in Suspension Mass Cytometry
- M Lai, L., Ong, R., Li, J., Albani, S. “A CD45-based barcoding approach to multiplex mass-cytometry (CyTOF)”. Cytometry Part A 87 (2015): 369–74.
- Hartmann, F.J., Simonds, E.F., Bendall, S.C. “A universal live cell barcoding-platform for multiplexed human single cell analysis.” Scientific Reports 8 (2018): 10770.
- Zunder, E.R. et al. “Palladium-based mass tag cell barcoding with a doublet-filtering scheme and single-cell deconvolution algorithm.” Nature Protocols 10 (2015): 316–33.
Provide us with your contact information so we can help you use cell barcoding in your experiment.Contact us now